Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberries/Footballs

When I was asked to bring something for my family's Superbowl party, I immediately went to Pinterest for ideas. I am someone that has to bring something cute to parties!

Since strawberries were on sale at Sentry for $2.50, I bought a container of them. (I always am skeptical if I am getting my true 16oz of strawberries since I worked at a grocery store where they would pick out the rotten ones and still sell the containers minus one or two strawberries.)


Needless, I bought a container and decided to make chocolate covered strawberries football style.

Recipe:

1 container strawberries
1/2 bag chocolate chips
1/5 bag white chocolate chips

Melt chocolate chips. Dip strawberries so just the greens are showing. Set on wax paper. Wait until dry.


Melt white chocolate chips. Scoop melted chocolate into baggie and slit the corner to get a slim hole. Put a straight line down the middle and then three lines across.


Once dry, put them on a fancy plate and enjoy! (Note: I am not a perfectionist with the lines.) :-)




I had leftover white chocolate chips so I took out some pretzels and drizzled them. My husband got to them before I could get a picture. This was all that was left!



1 comment:

  1. These are sooo cute! They sound easy to make even though they look like they took hours.

    ReplyDelete