Friday, February 17, 2012

Freezer Organization

This was my freezer...

3 trips to Dollar Tree and $5 later...

(It really should have only taken two trips to Dollar Tree. Be warned: they do not accept Mastercard.)
The first trip to Dollar Tree I bought a bunch of different types of baskets. I took them home and tried them out in my freezer. The second trip was to exchange them and get the ones I really needed.

The baskets are Veggies and Fruits. The bottom bins are Beef, Chicken, and Other Meats (fish, pork, brats). Any large items like pizzas, ice cream, and whole chickens are in the basement freezer. Plus, then we're less likely to dig into ice cream or throw in a pizza at night. That walk to the basement is a long one, yaknow.

Now I just need some cute laminated tags for the baskets. Everything looks better tagged and laminated.

All in all, my favorite part is just pulling out the fruit basket in the morning to make smoothies. It's so much easier than digging around in the freezer for all the random bags of fruit!

Here's the link to the Better Homes and Gardens pic that inspired me on Pinterest:
http://www.bhg.com/kitchen/storage/organization/ways-to-store-more-in-your-kitchen/#page=7

3 comments:

  1. I love it! That is actually a really good idea. My freezer is full of random bags of frozen veggies. I def need those. Awesome post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's freezer is this? I can't believe it. Would you come and do mine??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally need this! I always find "surprise" bags of beef and veggies floating around my freezer. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete