Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Clover Painting

I've been in a craft rut with the kids lately. I think I did too many elaborate projects with them and ended up burnt out. So when I saw this easy craft, I decided it was perfect for getting back in the game. Simple, yet fun.
Never fail, I can always find a wrinkly pepper in the vegetable drawer.
(I won't speak for another sister whose vegetable drawer is filled with beer. Don't worry, we all love you.)

Clover Painting
Cut the pepper in half. Cut out the seeds. Pour green paint in a pan. Stamp and paint!



I'm a nerd, so I did try to wash the paint off my pepper so we could still eat it. Common sense prevailed, and I threw it away. Next time I may cut thick slices of pepper to use instead of two halves. 

Both kids enjoyed it. The 5 year old made collages and clover people out of her stamps. The three year old made "clover trees".


1 comment:

  1. That is a GREAT and easy craft! So impressed at your diligent kids!

    ReplyDelete